The foundation of Alpine Academy is our family-focused treatment. The only way to make lasting, long-term change is by addressing the whole system and working with all members of the family toward their goals. In order to be successful in this area, we need family involvement and participation.
Parents and/or family members are invited to visit their daughter on a monthly basis. Please see the calendar for specified visit weekends. These weekends will include in-person family therapy, coaching from Family Teachers, involvement in the day-to-day activities of the campus, and quality time with the student. Goals of these visits include:
- Encourage family involvement & connectedness
- Develop healthy family & sibling relationships
- Teach parents about setting contingencies
- Teach daughter about accepting decisions from parents
- Help parents learn to set reasonable expectations & enforce rules
- Allow daughter to “show off” her new skills in a safe, structured environment
Alpine Academy holds quarterly workshop weekends for all family members. These weekends include breakout sessions, keynote speakers, therapy sessions, and experiential activities. Please refer to the calendar for dates of these weekends. A detailed agenda will be sent out prior to the weekend.